Tax Therapy provides services to individuals and to small and micro businesses. We do not provide bookkeeping services but we can help you find a bookkeeper. At this time we do not file FBAR returns or do other FACTA compliance for those with financial interests outside the U.S. We are happy to provide referrals to colleagues who specialize in international taxation.
While I will take new business clients during tax season, I will typically ask or even require you to go on extension. In general, if you are a business looking to retain a tax professional for the first time or to change tax professionals it is best to contact us (or almost any tax professional) between June and November. That way we have time to review your returns and your situation outside the chaos that is tax season!
Forms and returns we can file for you and your company:
This is only a partial list, we can file forms necessary to prepare individual returns and most small business returns.
- Schedule A (itemized deductions)
- Schedule C (profit/loss from business)
- Schedule D (capital gains/loss)
- Schedule E (rental income/loss)
- Schedule F (farm income/loss)
- 1065 (partnership returns)
- 1120 (corporate returns for C corps, S corps, Homeowners Associations, and Political Campaigns)
What we need to have to prepare your tax return:
This is only a partial list —please bring any additional documentation you feel may be necessary to prepare your return.
- Photo ID for you and your spouse if we have not already verified your identity. ID verification can be done via Skype for remote clients.
- Names, birth dates, and Social Security numbers (or tax ID numbers) for yourself, your spouse, and all of your dependents.
- W-2s and 1099s from your employers.
- 1099s from your bank and brokerage accounts.
- If you are a new client please bring at least one and up to three prior year’s tax returns.
- If you are a business please bring your organizing documents, and NM-CRS returns, payroll tax returns, and (if possible) a current P&L and balance sheet.
Please do not bring piles, bags, or boxes of receipts unless we ask you to! We do not have space to store them. Scanning, sorting, or otherwise manipulating receipts and other data used to prepare your return is not included with the price of tax return preparation. You will be charged by the hour (half hour minimum) in quarter-hour increments for any administrative time necessary to prepare information for your return.